Skin care products come in all different shapes and sizes with a wide range of price points and promises. With so many brands on the market it’s easy to get confused about what’s right for you.
The skin care we recommend at Liberty Belle has been chosen by our clinical team. We offer skin assessments to asses your skin type and develop a skin care routine appropriate to assist in reducing the signs of ageing, plus restore and maintain a healthy skin tone and texture.
Vitamins for the skin are common active ingredients. The three most well-known and powerful active ingredients for the skin are vitamin A, B and C.
- Vitamin A increases the rate of mitosis or cell regeneration and is the best anti-ageing ingredient on the market to date, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin B (nicinamde) promotes cell repair and hydration.
- Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant protecting against cell damage and aids in collagen building.
When it comes to choosing and prescribing skin care products there are two questions you need to consider and discuss with your clinician.
- What are my skin concerns?
- What active ingredients are out there to treat my skin concerns?
- Dull and dry skin – in this case, the go-to active ingredients to look for would be Vitamin B (nicinamde) for hydration and cell repair, Vitamin A for increasing cell turnover and natural desquamation, Vitamin C for brightness and finally hyaluronic acid to increase water content on the skin.
- Congestion – the go-to active ingredients would be Vitamin A for increasing cell turnover and natural desquamation, BHA’s to dissolve blackhead build up, and a product with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to destroy the presence of the p.acnes bacteria.
Jaz, one of our experienced Dermal Clinician’s has this advice – ‘As a basic guide, there are a few products everyone’s skin will need. Number one is SPF, at least 15 or higher. It is much easier and cheaper to prevent sun damage than to treat it, and the wide range of products available means there is no excuse for not using a sunscreen. As for basic active ingredients, the three to look for are Vitamins A, B and C. Every type of skin, no matter how troublesome, can benefit from these. And lastly you should enjoying using your skin care products and love the results they have on the appearance of your skin.’
Actinica SPF 50+
Aspect Dr Multi B Serum
Obagi Professional C Serum 20%
Results Rx A-Solution with AHAs
For more information about our skincare range and to make an appointment with a Dermal Clinician or Clinical Nurse Specialist to see what products are right for you click here: https://libertybelleskincentre.com/liberty-belle-rx/shop/